We Are Open & Providing All General Dentistry Care!
At Granada Dental here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
As we reclaim as much of our “normal every-day life,” we know that Covid-19 is still at the forefront of everyone’s thoughts. We understand the stresses this may bring. Part of every-day life includes excellent oral hygiene – at home and at our practice. With pandemic, many of our patients’ recare schedules have fallen behind and it’s now time to catch up. And here’s some vital information…
Your dental visits are an important part of staying healthy and we want you to know what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Pre-screening patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival (see below for the questions we’ll be asking).
- Rescheduling appointments if there is any risk to our patients, our team, or our community.
- Updating your health history and current medications
- Providing sanitary hand gel throughout our practice and plenty of soap and single-use towels.
- Routinely disinfecting all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
If you’re one of our patients who had their recare cancelled as a precautionary measure during the pandemic, hopefully we’ve reached you to reschedule. But if not, please call us now. We’ll fit you in at time that’s most convenient to you so that you can keep your treatment plan and your oral health on track!
In addition, we are also…
- wearing full PPE, i.e. masks, face shields, gloves, gowns, and caps ... but don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes!
- not wearing street clothes in the practice
- social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- encouraging all new patients to complete and submit your confidential digital intake form in the office before your visit.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
As SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) moves through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, at work, at school, and at the dental office.
We understand that the transition back from isolating and social distancing may be awkward and even scary at first. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to assist you in feeling more confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
- Communication – If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please ask! One of our team members will be happy talk with you, clearly & honestly.
- Treatment Plan Fulfilment – To ensure your most beautiful & healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. We’ll be in touch to confirm your next appointment and look forward to seeing you! If you’ve missed your recall appointment while our practice was accepting emergencies only, please call now to reschedule.
We’re here to help you feel confident in receiving the dental care you want and need. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. It means so much to us!
What Is Patient Screening?
While the threat of SARS-CoV-2 infection remains in our community, we will be screening patients before appointments by asking recent-health questions. Screening will happen twice: over the phone when we confirm your date and time, and when you arrive at the practice. To remove any mystery or anxiety around screening, here’s what we’ll be asking...
- Have you felt hot or feverish in the last 14-21 days? Do you have a fever now?
- Do you have shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties?
- Do you have a cough, typical cold symptoms, hoarse voice, fatigue, or headache?
- Any flu-like symptoms like stomach/intestinal upset?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- And when you arrive at our practice, we’ll ask if we will take your temperature.
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to these questions, we’ll reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
As your dentist, thank you for your understanding and for you trust and loyalty in our team.
If you’re a current patient, or a new to us, please call us at (587) 713-4380 with your dental-related questions. It will be great to hear from you and see your smile soon!
We are excited to be in our new location, just a few doors down from our old office; we are certain you will love it as much as we do! We are now located at 201 – 101 Granada Blvd., in the same plaza, between the Daycare and Liquor Vault.
As we enter Alberta’s COVID-19 Phase 3 of opening you will notice that patients are still required to wear masks, use hand sanitizer and be respectful of social distancing. The pandemic is not over, and segments of the public remain vulnerable [children under the age of 12, persons with underlying health conditions and unvaccinated individuals]. Oral healthcare providers need to remain diligent in applying infection prevention and control practices based on the premise that everyone is potentially infective. For this reason, the ADA&C and AHS standards of practice must be followed as we continue to reduce the risk of the spread of infection.
Our commitment to provide a safe environment for your dental appointment has always been our priority.
We continue to update all patient files with a new comprehensive medical history. If you are a new patient or existing patient seeing us for the first time since the onset of COVID 19, we ask that you complete the medical history form.
We are also required by the Alberta Dental Association to have all patients complete a COVID screening. We will start to do this with a verbal questionnaire when we confirm your appointment or when you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
If you have any cold or flu like symptoms, are waiting for Covid-19 test results, have been a close contact with a confirmed Covid case, have been asked to isolate or have been out of country within 2 weeks; we ask that you kindly cancel and rebook your dental appointment. You can also visit AHS online self-screen: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-testing-in-alberta.aspx
Please print out all attachments and complete them prior to your appointment.
Any changes to your dental insurance are to be brought to our attention before your appointment.
Bringing in completed forms and updated insurance information makes our front staff happy! 😊
We thank you in advance for completing these tasks at home. Do not hesitate to call with any questions!